- Introduction to Earth Science – Updated! What is Earth Science? How does our World work? Why do we need to understand the forces on our Planet? What are the benefits of understanding for space? [slides]
- Basic Planetary Geology – Earth Forces – Updated! The composition of the Earth. How geological forces interact with each other over time and what is the resultant impact on the planet.
- Introduction to Basic Engineering Concepts – Updated! What is Engineering in terms of the Space Program?
- Space Suits – Updated! What types of space suits are their? And how do they work? Check this five minute video that gives you some background on space suits: [video]
- Introduction to Rockets – Updated! A basic overview of Rockets. What are Rockets? What part do they play in the ongoing inquiry and exploration of Space? Check out our video on how to teach this mission: [video] [slides]
- Aerodynamics – Updated! What is aerodynamics? How do things fly? What is pitch, yaw, roll. Demonstrate the principles of flight.
- Space as an Idea, an Overall Concept – Updated! What are the basic reasons for going to space? What are the commercial possibilities? Why should we explore? What will we learn? Check our video on how to teach this mission: [video]
- Space Art – Updated! Space as a visual medium through pictures, paintings, and others. Check out our video on how to teach this mission: [video] [slides]
- Space Basics – Updated! What is the space environment like? What are the dangers? How do we survive in space? [slides]
- Astronomy Introduction – Updated! The constellations in other cultures. Learn how ancient cultures explained what they saw in the night sky. Write your own constellation stories or build a Star Finder. Check out our video on hot to teach this lesson [video] [slides]
- Updated! Introduction to Weather and Climate – What are the different climates on our planet? What is the water cycle? How do clouds form? What causes the seasons? What about storms?
- The Environment – How are we taking care of our environment? How are humans changing the Earth? How are we taking steps to prevent irreversible damage? The effects of pollution. [slides]
- Space Stations – Updated! How are Space Stations put together? Basic principles of International Space Station. This NASA video provides background on the ISS: Video 1 ; A tour of the ISS Video2
- Life Support Systems – What do humans need to survive in different environments in Outer Space? Consider power, air and water filtration systems. Emphasis on water purification.
- Introduction to Launch Facilities – Basic purpose of space launch facilities. How does a spaceport work? Launch Infrastructure components, ground operations, launch windows, weather, etc. This four minute NASA video gives the Mission Team Leader a little background on Life Support Systems in space. [video]
- The Space Shuttle – Updated! Learn about the Space Shuttle. How does it work? What are its capabilities? [slides]
- Space Writing – How do we experience space expressed in science fiction writing? What impact has science fiction writing had on us? Learn how to develop characters and story board. [video]
- Space Program Related Benefits – How does the Space Program benefit everyone here on Earth? What are specific space related benefits of technology and of going into space?
- Exploring the Solar System – Updated! Learn the sun, planets, moons, and asteroids of our Solar System. Understand distances in space. [slides]
- Telescope Principles – Updated! Learn about reflectors and refractors. How do astronomers use telescopes? Check out our video on how to teach this mission: [video] [slides]
- Mapmaking and Geography Updated! – Understand basic geography. Learn about basic maps and how to use them. Identify geographical features.
- Basic Geology Updated! – Basic geological forces – volcanism, tectonism, graduation and cratering. How do these forces impact on the makeup of our world and other planetary bodies? A simple view of how the Earth has changed over time.
- Basic Robotics – How are robots designed and built? How can they be used in the exploration and development of space? [slides]. Check out our video on how to teach this mission. Here is another NASA video that can be used with add to the mission.
- Spacecraft – How would a spacecraft be constructed? What are the parts? How would it function?
- Rocket Staging – An understanding of rocket stages and how greater altitudes can be reached by using staging.
- Model Rocketry Updated! – Learn how to build a basic Galaxy Explorers model rocket. Learn National Association of Rocketry safety standards. Fly your rockets! Check out our video on how to teach this mission.
- International Cooperation Updated! – International cooperation in space. Why we as a planet should cooperate to expand humanity’s presence in space. What are the benefits? How does one negotiate? Includes a fun “negotiation game” for the Mission Team. Adults can join in as well.
- Great Space Luminaries – A look at the biographies of the key leaders in space. How did they impact the world? [slides]
- Electromagnetic Spectrum – Updated! Learn all about the energy, particles and waves. This is an exciting lesson and activity.slides
- Great Telescopes of the World – Great telescopes in space: Hubble, Chandra, NGTF, etc.