FoGE Team Member
Standards of Conduct and Safety
Celebrate differencesit's part of what makes a great team!
Respect, confidence, cooperation, integrity, enthusiasm, commitment, creativity, tolerance, and independence are necessary for every Mission Team to achieve its goal!
We're all part of the team:
- Make sure that everyone feels comfortable expressing his or her ideas, free from criticism and teasing. Share your thoughts and allow others share theirs.
- No secret organizations or subgroups.
- No hazing.
- Be polite to your Team Leaders and fellow Team Members. Mind your manners and your language (no swearing!).
- Dress appropriately. That means keeping the day's activity in mind: look tidy for field trips or dress in clothes that are easy to clean if a messy project is planned.
Remember, we want to return you in one piece, so follow the rules!
- Do you have your parents' permission to go on this trip? Remember to get a permission form from your Team Leader and get a signature from your parent or guardian. No permission form, no tripno exceptions.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- No horseplay in vehicles.
- Stay with your Mission Team. The trip won't be much fun if we spend the entire time searching for lost members.
Be a good representative of FoGE on trips:
- Pay attention to Team Leaders, guests, and tour guides. Do not talk during presentations unless it is part of a group discussion.
Remember where you are. Running and shouting on a playground is appropriate, but running and shouting in a museum is not.
Pay attention to the group activities! Your fellow Team Members are counting on you.
- Be respectful of other visitors.
- Do not touch displays unless you've been told that you may.
Activities and Experiments
Again, we want to return you in one piece, so follow the rules!
- Listen to instructions and stay focused on the activity.
- When in doubt, ask! If you have questions about or feel uncomfortable with an experiment, talk to a Team Leader.
- Wear safety equipment when necessary. It may not be stylish, but it will keep you from getting a new nickname like "One-Eye" or "Peg-Leg."
- Be careful with lab equipment.
- Be careful with fellow Team Members' projects and experiments. Just like you, they worked hard on it and wouldn't want it destroyed.
- Clean up any messesit's polite and it prevents accidents!
FoGE wants you to have a healthy and successful future . . .
To Alcohol, Cigarettes, and Drugs